Here’s the proof that all the recent effort spent on refactoring my phonics shmup was worth it — things are visibly changing and gameplay is evolving. :D(more…)
It’s been a while since I updated. To be honest, I don’t exactly remember all changes I’ve made. I’ve been working on it here and there in spare moments amongst busy times.
Many things have been refactored; I undid some unnecessary future-proofing I did in the previous update’s refactoring because it was silly and hard to read. I abstracted out some classes, either as their own files or as subclasses, making some code much easier to read. Again, not much has visibly changed with this new build, but I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made.(more…)
I had a great idea today for a toy (if that’s the appropriate term) based off of the Russian nesting doll idea. It would be somewhat educational for younger kids and just friggin’ sweet for the rest of us: a nesting doll version of the Earth. It would be spherical in shape instead of the traditional mild pear shape and have five layers as follows:(more…)